About Me

My photo
thought i was a donut, ya tried to glaze me

12.29.2006

I swear, this post wont be devoted entirely to santa

Christmas is over, it was ehh, a lot more like Thanksgiving that anything else, but I'm still left with this one question--


Why do we all sweat Santa Claus so much?



Alright, so I'm old and bitter now (as opposed to just bitter, which is what I was 10 y/o and beyond), so this kind of question was expected.

But really--


Do you think aliens are watching us from above & laughing at the fact that we not only allow our kids to believe in Santa (which I'm not necessarilly opposed to) but make the media play along with the idea? Honestly, they must watch those segments of the news where they go to Macy*s and make a big deal about his "special trip from the North Pole" and (although I've only seen this in movies, I'm sure it must be real) watch that thing on Christmas Eve when they report a "strange sighting of a man and a sleigh and reindeer" and laugh their asses off.

And not even just aliens--what about all the terrorists and shit who watch us via Al-Jazeera (or whatever)? They're probably like, not only do the kids believe in him, but the reporters do, too? You mean to tell me Sade Baderinwas doesn't know there really isn't a Santa's Workshop in the North Pole? Stupid, stupid Americans, I almost feel bad enough to not attack you. Almost.





So it's late/early, I'm up again when I should be sleeping and I'm thirsty but I'm too lazy to go to the kitchen for a drink and I'm trying to write this story I've wanted to write since the summer and it's just the blinking cursor staring back at me on Word. So I started thinking about Santa and came here, where the cursor isn't blinking as much (that's sad) and I can rant sicne nobody reads.


And I'm really not that bitter. I really love Santa and I think that little kids who don't believe in him are sad and I pity them and stuff, but of all the innocent things in this world that've been trampled on and destroyed, why is Santa still here?

No comments:

I wonder if my writing has even improved?