About Me

My photo
thought i was a donut, ya tried to glaze me

8.18.2007

secret diary excerpts

So recently I found my collection of journals from my childhood. I thought it might be interesting to transcribe & post some of the actual excerpts* from these journals on my internet journal, just so you can see I've always been like this. All errors are real. Enjoy.

_______________________________________________________
october 31, 1989

deer dyery,

yay candy!!!!!!!!!!!!

katey


_______________________________________________________
november 27, 1992

dear diary,

today is my 7th birthday. unfortunately i did not receive the drum set i asked for on my birthday list, nor did i receive tickets to go to disneyworld. i did, however, receive a cassette of "grave dancers union" by soul asylum and "pocket full of kryptonite" by spin doctors. i will only listen to "runaway train" and "two princes", then stop and rewind to cassette and listen to them again. over and over again. i will never give the other songs a chance because no song i listen to will ever compare. sucks about disney though. at least i got cupcakes.

love,
me

________________________________________________________

june 27th, 1996

OMGGGGG

I CAN'T BELIEVE MY PARENTS ARE TAKING ME TO IRELAND TO SEE MY FAMILY AND GET CULTURED ABOUT MY HERITAGE AND GO TO COOL THINGS LIKE THE GUINNESS FACTORY ALL THE WHILE KELSEY IS THINKING ABOUT NOT GIVING EDMUND AND MARIA HER BABY ON ALL MY CHILDREN!!!!!!!! THEY'VE WANTED THIS BABY FOREVER AND I READ LAST WEEK IN SOAP OPERA DIGEST THAT THEY'LL FIND OUT SOON BUT I'LL BE STUCK IN STUPID EUROPE!!!!!!! I HATE THEM SO MUCH HOW COULD THEY DO THIS TO ME?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO??? HOW WILL I KNOW WHAT HAPPENS??? AHHHHH

KATIEEEEEEEEE

_________________________________________________________
april 15, 1998

dear diary,

what's up? i know i haven't written in a while and i'm sorry. i've just been so busy with school and stuff. today was saturday and it was alright. i spent most of the day downloading AOL 3.0--it was finally all finished around 6 hours later. i'm so excited! i heard you might be able to put colors in your profile now. anways, last night i went to an sfds dance. it was alright, i guess. i just wish someone asked me to "go for a walk" so i could find out what happens up at the beach wall. i heard that's when you go with people. you know, goooo go with. maybe one day. gosh, i wish i was in high school or college already. i'm sure i'll have tons of boyfriends then.

love,
katie

p.s--the song "sunny came home" by shawn colvin is amazing!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahahahahaha i love how you wouldn't give the other songs a chance... you were so right though, i wouldn't bother either.

<3Erica

I wonder if my writing has even improved?