About Me

My photo
thought i was a donut, ya tried to glaze me

9.14.2007

i can't believe people still even HAVE nextels

I took the A home from work today, and was reminded of why I love tunnel-trains so much.

On the E, or the 2, nobody tortures me with their stupid cell phone conversations.

On the B, and the A, the minute that train sees the sky, it's like a massive chorus of "BLOOP-whattup"


"BLOOP--what you doing?"


"BLOOP--yea, word, yo, we're about to get into Howard Bea--what? Whady'a mean you can't hear me?"

Coming home today a guy actually got angry at the obnoxious guy who had his entire conversation ON SPEAKER PHONE the minute we reached 80th-Hudson. This guy had an aspect of crazy-derelicte, but I had to nod my head in agreement when he stormed up out of his seat, ranting.

"DAMN HOMIE! WHOLE ENTIRE GOT-DAMN CONVERSATION ON SPEAKER PHONE! NOBODY WANTS TO HEAR THAT SHIT, YO! YOU FEELING ME?"


Oh bro, I was feeling you.


I get it if you need to make a quick call to let someone know when you'll be home, or where they should pick you up. But this whole, "what've you been up to, it's been so long, this is the perfect time to catch up" BS i have to suffer through not only on the A but the B and the Q and on the Q46 and Q35 and every frigin bus I've ever sat on needs to STOP. NOW. That homeless guy was right--nobody wants to hear it. Save it for when you're waiting on line at the DMV or something.

No comments:

I wonder if my writing has even improved?