About Me

My photo
thought i was a donut, ya tried to glaze me

9.25.2007

let's go, mets go

Let's look back on the not-so-distant past for a moment, while I wallow in some self-inflicted misery.

It was May 2007. I was a soon-to-be college grad still interning at a big deal place; I was going to graduate with honors,; and I was tan, fresh off of a trip to Florida to visit Eric. I was on top of the world, sort of, although I don't think I knew that then (does anybody ever?).

The Mets, too, were on top of the world, or more precisely, the Division. Everything seemed to be working in our favor, for both the Kings of Queens and me.


But then things started to slip. Little by little we both came off our mountain, in a decline so gradual it was hard to notice. The Nationals kicked our ass today, in what mets.com called a "crushing blow." Back in May we wouldn't have thought about a loss like this; it wasn't in our future. Just like I wouldn't dare think that I'd blow opportunities that were given to me, and find myself a little lost and a little hopeless, doubting myself and my choices. You could say I'm overwhelmed, or confused. I like to talk about this in baseball terms, as I watch this parallel unfolding on SNY--CHOKE.

No comments:

I wonder if my writing has even improved?