About Me

My photo
thought i was a donut, ya tried to glaze me

10.04.2007

how about this fricken weatha!

Whenever I do poorly on an interview I think of that very special episode of King of Queens, when Carrie is at first passed over to interview for a job because of her accent. She proceeds to spend the entire episode worrying about her accent, and is trained by Spence, who grew up in West Virginia and learned to change his southern one, to hide her own. A fuckin' montage! follows, with Spence having her pronounce her -er's, her 'o's correctly (no longer teacha and dawg). By the end of the episode her accent is gone, but when she goes into the interview she realizes she hasn't prepared for anything else pertaining to the job. She bombs the interview not because she wasn't qualified, or capable of preparing, but because she was worried about something that wasn't even necessarily as important. And in true sitcom form, a lesson is learned and the accent is back.

Sometimes on interviews I worry too much about what I'm going to wear, or if they won't be impressed by my college. I even worry about my accent, even though I don't think I have one that bad. And instead of 'axing' questions, I get 'mad nervous' and don't 'tawk' enough. And then I don't get the job.

No comments:

I wonder if my writing has even improved?