About Me

My photo
thought i was a donut, ya tried to glaze me

4.13.2008

Know When To Fold 'Em

When people would ask me how my new job was, I would start with, "Well, have you ever seen the movie Falling Down? Sometimes I feel like that guy."




That's when I realized it was time to let it go. I'm not a quitter, and I have a strong work ethic, but the way I felt working made all of these things go the wayside. For one, I was denied any and all contact with my one true love, The Internet; the time spent away from him was often excruciatingly painful. It wasn't anything I wanted to pursue in the future, and the workload was tedious and never ending. Also, I was really fucking terrible at what I did. Worst assistant ever, and certainly no Bright Future In Sales. I never got any better at what I did, and part of me didn't want to.

So I gave my two weeks without a back up plan, without another job or a plan beyond a 5 day vacation to Florida. Not the best decision I've ever made, but not the worst, either. What now? Who the fuck knows? At least I don't have to walk around feeling like this girl anymore :

1 comment:

Fortune said...

good for you homie hones. do what's right for you. ;)

I wonder if my writing has even improved?