About Me

My photo
thought i was a donut, ya tried to glaze me

8.18.2008

On Facebook: Part Two

I'm very particular about really trivial things--mainly Facebook--and I'm afraid that makes me come off as a bitch.

Just recently I went on a 10-minute rant about my issues with the way some people fill out their Facebook profiles. This has happened before. Some people don't seem to understand that the questions they ask you in your profile--favorite TV show, favorite movie--are there so you can LIST what you enjoy. If you have quite a few, by all means, type them in. But please, PLEASE, do not engage in some pseudo-conversation with Facebook.

Completely Made Up Example:

Favorite Books: Wow, that's a tough one. I don't have much time to read now that I started grad school, but there are a few ones that do stand out in my memory. I can't really remember them right now. I'll leave this blank.

BUT YOU DIDN'T LEAVE IT BLANK! You wrote all about how you don't have a favorite book! This isn't a transcribed interview in a magazine; YOU ARE NOT TALKING TO ANYBODY! You went through all that without even naming a book or an author.

Favorite TV Show: Now that reality TV's taken over, wow, I don't know if I have a favorite. I'll usually just watch whatever's on, but I'm sure there's one I love. I'll get back to you.

GET BACK TO WHO?! WHO ARE YOU TALKING TO?! FACEBOOK ISN'T A PERSON WHO ASKS YOU QUESTIONS! IF YOU CAN'T THINK OF SOMETHING, LEAVE IT BLANK. Or make it up.

(Do I sound like a bitch?)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you know my thoughts on that question! cw

I wonder if my writing has even improved?